Pair of embroidered gloves
In September 1839 Charlotte and Ellen Nussey holidayed in Burlington (now Bridlington) on the recommendation of their friend Mary Taylor. As a school girl, Mary was instructed by her mother to stitch all over her new gloves to make them wear longer. Mary stitched onto these gloves during her own trip to the region and gifted them to Charlotte prior to her visit. Charlotte added personal landmarks including Easton House and a symbol on Bessingby Hill, where she first saw the sea.
Glove length 25 cm